Thursday, August 7, 2008

Begin the Journey Home



August 8, 2008, Delhi, India. (Taj Mahal in inlaid stone). We arrived at the Taj Mahal Hotel. A world class facility. We spent the day at the USEFI office listening to lectures and for a last debrief session. Tomorrow is are final banquet and then off to the air port.
I grabbed a cab at 1:30 and drove out to the school I visited 4 weeks ago.The cab got stuck in traffic and we got lost. I didn't even break a sweat or bothered that I was late as I am on, "Indian Time". I wanted to deliver a gift to my teacher, pick up some teaching material she left me and to sit around and talk to teachers and students. I learned so much sitting in the faculty lounge talking education, politics and anything teachers wanted to discuss. I visited two classrooms and talked with students. The kids in India are just like kids in America, they have their hopes and dreams and visions for the future. The ride back was much the same as you stair out the windows and watch India pass you buy. I saw an elephant in South Delhi and that is rare. I was told the elephants are used for special occasions such as weddings. Tonight the Fulbright group is having our own going away party. Off to the airport late tommorrow. All is well.

No comments: